- Lightweight, high quality balsa and plywood construction.
- Eye-catching scale colour scheme.
- Covered in genuine Oracover film.
- Factory painted fibreglass engine cowl.
- Character lightweight WWI painted pilot.
- Superb flying characteristics.
- Plug-in wing panels simplify transportation and field assembly.
- Full hardware pack included for either glow or electric power.
- Accurate profile makes it the perfect introduction to scale flying.
- Rugged fixed undercarriage.
- Sprung tail skid.
- Authentic bracing wires and pylon mount.
At last, a Bristol M.1C! Distinctive with its barrel fuselage and large dome spinner the 1916 M.1 Scout is a firm favourite among lovers of First World War fighters and you can understand why. With the aim of producing the aerodynamically cleanest aeroplane that was possible for the period, designer Frank Barnwell bucked the biplane trend and succeeded in creating an iconic design whose fate was unwittingly sealed by the general view among the Air Ministry and frontline pilots that monoplane fighters were inherently unsafe during combat, a view that was fuelled by the crash of a Bristol-Coanda in 1912. Concerns over its reputedly high landing speed and lack of downward vision appear to have sealed its fate and, in the end, only 130 were built, regardless of the fact that it was some 30mph faster than any contemporary German or French monoplane, remarkably strong and extremely effective at high altitude.
The Bristol M.1C, then. Potent, characterful, ahead of its time and reproduced here in traditional wood and Oracover to a scale of 15, spanning 71”. Suitable for 20cc petrol power (1.20 glow) and basic four-channel radio this one has all the important attributes not least that wonderful spinner, pyramid pylon, bracing wires, machine gun, character pilot, sprung tail skid and authentic main undercarriage and wheels. And what a terrific colour scheme! Let’s be honest, it’s a head-turner, guaranteed.
Weights & Dimensions
|Product Wing Area||55dm2||859in2|
What’s in the Box
- 1x Factory assembled and covered fuselage.
- 1x Factory assembled and covered 2-piece wing set.
- 1x Factory assembled and covered tail set.
- 1x Pilot figure.
- 1x Factory painted glass fibre cowl.
- 1x preformed u/c leg set.
- 1x Comprehensive hardware pack (screws, horns, pushrods, fuel tank etc.).
- 1x Electric conversion hardware kit.
- 1x Sprung tail skid unit.
- 1x Dome spinner.
- 2x Authentic WWI wheels.
- Dummy machine gun
- 1x Comprehensive instruction manual.
Needed to Complete
- 1 x 20cc (1.20-size) two-stroke engine or electric equivalent.
- 1 x 4-channel (minimum) transmitter and receiver combo.
- 5 x Standard-size, digital, high torque, metal gear servos.
- 1 x Propeller to suit chosen engine / motor.