- Tough EPO foam construction.
- Suits pilots of all abilities.
- Convenient size makes it a perfect grab-and-go model.
- Powerful and efficient brushless motor offers superb performance.
- Highly efficient wing section provides a superb soaring ability.
- Powerful 9g servos all round.
- Easy access for battery changing.
- Superb aerobatic capability.
- Classic moulded sailplane looks.
What’s in the box
- 1 x RFR Alpine 1200 airframe.
- 1 x 1050kV brushless motor (pre-installed).
- 1 x 18 amp brushless ESC (pre-installed).
- 4 x 9g servos (pre-installed).
- 1 x 9 x 7 folding propeller (pre-installed).
- 1 x Quick-start Guide.
Experienced model pilots know a good motor-glider when they see one. The telltale signs are written large, categorized by a useful practicality, a sound design and a healthy performance. The Ares Alpine 1200 is just such a machine, in fact it’s so good that, to be fair, the ‘motor-glider’ designation is something of a misnomer. Here at Ares we like to think of the Alpine as more of a sport glider for within these distinct categories are the features that highlight a great airplane:
Practicality. As a relatively small model the Alpine is easy to store, easy to carry, simple to launch and, as a result, perfect for the slope, flat field or park. Its EPP foam construction is beneficial too for not only is it durable and light, it’s dead easy to repair.
Design. Semi-symmetrical in section, with a reflex trailing edge and drag-reducing winglets there’s nothing crude about the design of this 1200mm high aspect ratio wing. It’s built for total efficiency, with an eye on duration, and it just works.
Power to weight. Packing a pre-installed 1050Kv brushless motor, 18amp ESC, 9 x 7” folding prop and a low all-up weight, a sparkling performance is a mere throttle movement away. Look forward to a positive roll, crisp aerobatics and a rate of climb that’ll make you smile.
Of course, that’s not the whole story. There’s far more to the Ares Alpine 1200 than that, not least its pleasing lines and striking colour scheme. Pick it up and you won’t want to put it down. Fly it and you’ll fall in love.
|Recd battery (LiPo):||2S 1000mAh|
|All-up weight (gr):||490|
Needed to complete
- 1 x 4 – 6 channel transmitter.
- 1 x 4 – 6 channel receiver.
- 1 x 1000mAh 2S LiPo and suitable charger