Following more than 1 year of research and design, Tamiya is proud to present our most detailed ever 1/32 scale aircraft model, setting whole new standards in large-scale aircraft modeling. Following on from our highly praised 1/32 scale F-4 Phantom II, F-14 Tomcat and F-15 Eagle, Tamiya now releases the F-16 Fighting Falcon to our 1/32 Scale Aircraft Series. Boasting more detail and accuracy than any other 1/32 scale F-16 release, this amazing model brings a whole new pleasure to modeling, combining Tamiya?s unbeatable quality and accuracy with innovative modeling technology.
About the F-16 Fighting Falcon
Highly regarded as one of the world?s leading lightweight multi-purpose fighters, the F-16 Fighting Falcon is capable of precision attack during air-to-air and air-to-surface combat. The success of the F-16 comes from its precision control, with aerodynamic body design combining with innovative electronic fly-by-wire technology for precision maneuvering at both low and high speeds, and low and high altitudes. Fitted with one single turbo jet engine, the F- 16 has a top speed of over Mach 2. Currently used by more than 20 countries around the world, the F-16 has been deployed to actual conflict since the 1980?s including seeing action in significant conflicts such as the Arab-Israeli conflict, the Gulf War, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq.
About the F-16CJ (Block 50)
Delivered to units from August 1991, the F-16 Block 50 is the newest F-16 currently being deployed to U.S. units. Major upgrades added to the Block 50 were a more powerful turbo engine, an improved radar and an improved countermeasure system. Fitted with a General Electric engine, the fuselage features the distinctive wide ?Big Mouth? air duct that was first introduced on the Block 30. The Block 50 variant, the F-16CJ, comes equipped with AGM-88 HARM (High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile) and AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS), and are used for SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defense) missions, which include searching out and destroying air-defense radar and missile sites. F-16CJ were delivered to units from May 1993, and were used during Operation Iraqi Freedom and patrol of the no-fly zone over Iraq following the Gulf War.
20 Reasons Why You Must Have Tamiya?s 1/32 F-16!
- Model represents the F-16CJ (Block 50) as used for USAF SEAD ?Wild Weasel? missions.
- First ever 1/32 scale F-16 model replicating General Electric engine and ?Big Mouth? duct.
- Tamiya?s most detailed 1/32 scale jet fighter ever.
- General Electric F-110 jet engine replicated in precise detail.
- Engine slides into aircraft on a hook and rail system exactly like the actual aircraft.
- Engine can be displayed outside of aircraft using its very own cart.
- Moveable ejector seat placed on slide rail like actual aircraft.
- Curved bubbletop canopy can be assembled in the opened or closed position.
- Choice of two types of canopy, clear and smoked.
- 1 pilot figure for cockpit included.
- Pilot tube and static dischargers reproduced using metal parts.
- Die-cast landing gear for extra durability.
- Metal weight added to nose for accurate front-rear weight distribution.
- Includes actual rubber tires.
- Photo-etched parts used for seat buckles, radar antenna, chaff/flare dispensers and name-plate for high-quality display.
- Nose cone can be opened and closed allowing display of accurately recreated radar.
- Trailing edge flaps, horizontal stabilizer fins and vertical tail fin flaps can move after assembly thanks to poly caps.
- Missiles can be removed and replaced even after assembly.
- Gun hatch can be opened after assembly displaying machine gun.
- Packaging box has been specially designed allowing large scale model to be easily stored even after assembly.
Immaculately detailed jet engine can be removed and loaded via a hook and rail system. Stores can be removed and replaced after assembly. Trailing edge flaps, horizontal stabilizer fins and vertical tail fin flaps move after assembly Ejector seat slides up and down on a rail. Metal pitot tube and static dischargers Die-cast metal landing gear Photo-etched seatbelt buckles, radar antenna and flare dispensers 1 pilot figure Box designed to store model after assembly.