1/32 McDonnell Douglas F-4EJ Phantom II (Japan Air Serf-Defense Force)
The F-4 Phantom II deployed to U.S. Navy and Marine units in the 1950’s displayed such superior maneuverability and performance that it came to be used by a total of 11 other western nations. The F-4 deployed to JASDF squadrons since 1973 was designated F-4EJ, and had been based on the U.S. Air Force F-4E. Changes made for the F-4EJ included removal of ground attack control equipment such as weapons and bomb delivery systems and the addition of modern electronic equipment including a data link system and radar warning receiver. The F-4EJ came equipped with a 20mm Vulcan canon affixed under the nose, and AIM-7E Sparrow and AIM-9L Sidewinder missiles. In the late 80’s the F-4EJ was refurbished with the latest electronic equipment and new radar. With the JASDF celebrating its 50th anniversary, the F-4EJ continues to serve on the front line maintaining its reputation for reliability.
About the Model
- Highly detailed 1/32 scale assembly kit of the F-4EJ Phantom II of the Japan Air Self Defense Force (JASDF)
- Overall length: 600mm, Overall width: 368mm.
- All unique aspects of the JASDF F-4EJ, including specially developed instrument panel, have been accurately reproduced.
- Large parts such as wings and fuselage are secured using small screws.
- Nose made from transparent parts allowing display of intricately detailed 20mm Vulcan gun and radar.
- Die-cast landing gear and synthetic rubber tires
- 4 sets of AIM-7E Sparrow medium-range and AIM-9L Sidewinder short-range missiles
- 2 pilot figures included
- Markings for 10 planes representing all 6 JASDF squadrons