At the beginning of 1930, the British army made the decision to produce tanks for different roles, with production of the A12 «Matilda» beginning in 1936. At that time, the Matilda had the thickest armor at 60mm, came armed with a 2-pounder cannon, and had thick side skirts which protected the «Japanese type» bogies. Powered by two diesel engines, the Matilda had a top speed of 24km/hr which was deemed appropriate as it matched the walking speed of infantry. At the North African front, thanks to its impenetrable armor, the Matilda completely defeated the opposing Italian forces. Because of the strength of their armor, the Germans began to use 88mm guns which were the only weapons that could penetrate the Matilda. The Matilda was used throughout WWII and was also used by Soviet, Australian, and Allied forces under the Lend-Lease Act.
- This is a 1/35 assembly kit model of the British Infantry Tank Matilda which saw action atthe North African Front during WWII.
- Length: 174mm, Width: 72mm.
- The Matilda’s mechanical form has been accurately reproduced.
- The number of parts required for the assembly of the gun turret, hull, and the complicated suspension has been minimized for ease of assembly.
- Tall and short cupolas and two types of antennas are included in the kit.
- Assembly and belt type tracks are included.
- Full-size commander figure, as well as a loader and driver torso figures are included.(Total 3)
- 3 kinds of decals for the North African front are included.
- The Matilda would look fantastic alongside other 1/35 vehicles from the North African front such as German Armored Car Sd.Kfz.223 (Item 35268), German Kubelwagen Type82 (Item 35238), German Armored Car Sd.Kfz.222 (Item 35286), Italian Medium TankCarro Armato M13/40 (Item 35296).