US M60A3 105mm Gun Tank Kit – CA240
This is a re-release model of the M60A3 tank. Together with the M1 Abrams, the M60A3 formed the core of U.S. tank forces during the 1980s. It featured a cast iron chassis that was inherited from the M48 tanks that first appeared in the 1950s, and was powered by a super-charged air-cooled diesel. The turret, too, was manufactured from cast iron, and was mounted with a 105mm gun with thermal sleeve to provide protection from barrel distortion. Other technologically-advanced additions at the time included a laser based rangefinder and ballistic computer, allowing the M60A3 to pack a fearsome punch. Production began in 1978, and the 3,600 examples produced went on to fulfil a leading military role for in excess of 20 years.
- Scale : 1/35
- Construction type : Assembly kit
- Photo-etch parts : Not included
- Decals : Included
- Special feature 1 : Length: 264mm, Width: 104mm.
- Special feature 2 : The turret depicts the cast iron finish of the real tank
- Special feature 3 : The model can be assembled with or without thermal sleeve attached to the main gun.
- Special feature 4 : Modelers can choose to construct the model with open or closed crew hatch.
- Special feature 5 : The driver’s hatch is movable.
- Special feature 6 : Authentic suspension is recreated using separate parts.
- Special feature 7 : 3 sets of markings and a commander figure are included with the kit.