Make mine a Messerschmitt!
An authentic matt finish Oracover scheme and an abundance of scale detail make Seagulls 64 span Bf 109 something of a must-have for warbird fans
- Lightweight, high quality balsa and plywood construction.
- Authentic scale colour scheme.
- Covered in genuine matt Oracover film.
- Factory painted glass fibre engine cowl.
- Detailed cockpit with lightweight painted pilot.
- Removable forward hatch for easy radio and flight battery access.
- Two-piece wing panels aid storage and simplify transportation.
- Full hardware pack included for either glow or electric power.
- Scale details including guns, tail struts, radiator blisters, undercarriage fairings and more.
- Crystal clear screw-on canopy moulding.
- Mechanical retracts.
What’s in the box
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered fuselage.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered 2-piece wing set.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered tail set.
- 1 x Clear canopy moulding.
- 1 x Pilot figure.
- 1 x Factory painted glass fibre cowl.
- 1 x Mechanical retract set.
- 1 x Full hardware pack (screws, horns, pushrods, fuel tank etc.).
- 1 x Sprung / steerable tail wheel unit.
- 1 x Comprehensive instruction manual.
- 1 x Electric power conversion hardware set.
Beautifully built and presented so you don’t make Emil of it… Sorry, it had to be said.
Seagull’s 64” span Messerschmitt is, not to put too fine a point on it, another winner that’s crying out for that 1.20 four-stroke (or the 20cc petrol) you’ve got sitting on the shelf in your workshop. Open the box, add the engine, throw in eight Hitec servos, a bit of glue, sprinkle with TLC, then shake vigorously for three minutes and your warbird will be born. Okay, only kidding, please don’t do that. Instead, spend a week or two of relaxed evenings piecing together the exquisite airframe components, attaching horns, hinges and linkages, fettling the engine fit and mounting those servos. At the end of it we guarantee you’ll have assembled a model that looks every bit the formidable Luftwaffe fighter and makes a real impression at the flying field. And that’s before it’s flown. Get it airborne and this evocative 1/6-scale aeroplane will give you a real flavour of the full-size and a buzz that’ll make you want to refuel and fly it again and again.
MESERSCHMIT BF 109E 15 -20cc gasoline engine.
Wingspan …………………………….. 162.5 cm
Wing area ……………………………. 49.4 sq.dm
Approximate flying weight ………. 5.5 kg
Length ………………………………… 152 cm
Recommended engine size ……. 15 – 20cc
Needed to complete
- 1 x 20cc petrol engine, 1.20cu. in. four-stroke glow, or electric equivalent.
- 1 x 7-channel (minimum) computer transmitter and receiver combo.
- 8 x Standard-size servos.
- 1 x Propeller to suit chosen engine.