Electric R/C assembly kit of one of the most representative American pick-up trucks, the Ford F-350. The model features realistic ladder frame, 3-speed transmission and shaft drive 4WD system. Highly detailed injection molded body and large diameter wheels enhance the stylish high-ground-clearance look. Original marking stickers add to the truck’s overall realism.
- An abundance of metal parts such as ladder frame, under guard, front guard, leaf springs and aluminum friction dampers are included.
- Roll bar, road light, front grille, front/rear bumper, side-step, diff guard, wheels and muffler feature metal-plated finish.
- Battery held in low position for excellent weight balance and stability.
- Easy access holder allows running battery to be exchanged without removing body.
- 4 wheel steering can be enabled by adding kit supplied rear axle tension rod.
- 4-wheel steering enables even tighter turning radius, perfect when using truck indoors or in confined space.
- Newly designed monster truck tires feature lug pattern suited for driving on rough surfaces.
- Apply cement to wheels and tires when running on rough terrain.
- Worn out wheel hubs can be replaced with #53056 Pin type Wheel Adapter.
1:64.39 > 1:35.20 > 1:21.14
- Differential lock, essential for driving on rough roads, may be easily enabled by simply removing F/R diff case covers and removing screw pins.
- By using differential lock, drive power is transmitted even if wheels on one side are not grounded.
- Features red anodized aluminum cylinder. Damping effect can be adjusted by applying separately available Friction Damper Grease and adding o-rings. Select according to ground conditions and leaf spring number.
- Standard: normal running Default settings.
- Soft: low-speed, high grip running Use 2 leaf springs and adjust tension using damper grease (soft) #53174.
- Hard: stable and high-speed running Use 5 leaf springs and apply damper grease (medium) #53175 or (hard) #53176.
- Kit includes a total of 42pcs of Metal bearings(bushings) (35pcs x 1150, 4pcs x 1260, 2pcs x 850 size metal and 1pc of 1050 size ball bearings).
- Metal bearings require periodic application of grease to maintain performance. Separately available ball bearings do not require this treatment, and are highly recommended.
- This kit is designed to be used only with pre-supplied type 540 motor and pinion gear.
- Requires 4-channel, 2-servo digital proportional R/C unit with electronic speed controller with variable forward and reverse function.
- Use of Futaba Attack 4WD (4ch) or stick type transmitter with slide trim is recommended to perform gear change while running. The Airtronics VG400/600 model radios are also capable as they feature slide trim and self neutral control sticks.
- 2ch R/C unit cannot be used as it cannot shift gears.
- PCM type receiver may not be used as it may cause radio interference when using with separately available Multi Function Unit.
- Use high power type ESC with reverse function (maximum continuous current: forward 120A, reverse 60A, FET regulation).
- A high-spec ESC is especially recommended when running on rough terrain.
- TEU-302BK Electronic Speed Controller (ITEM 45028) is recommended.
- Not for use with TEU-101BK Electronic Speed Controller.
- While standard type steering servo is sufficient, high torque servo is recommended when running on rough terrain.
- Use of ITEM 50473 High Torque Servo Saver White or ITEM 51000 High Torque Servo Saver Black will further improve efficacy.
- Do not use small, large or high-speed servo.
- Tamiya 7.2V running battery
- Eight R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter.
2. The following 4-channel R/C unit (self-neutral stick type transmitter/receiver) is recommended for optimum operation: FUTABA ATTACK 4WD (T4VWD/FP-R114H) The Airtronics VG400/600 model radios are also capable as they feature slide trim and self neutral control sticks.
Be aware that using an R/C unit without a self-neutral system may increase difficulty of operation. Without self-neutraling channels (spring loaded sticks) the operator is left to center the throttle and steering without the aid of self-centering springs, which makes driving the truck harder than it needs to be.
4-channel wheel-type transmitters can be used with ITEM 58372, but will not be able to be used with kit equipped with Multi-Function Unit (To be released).
PPM receivers are recommended for use with this kit.
PCM receivers are not compatible with kit equipped with Multi-Function Unit.