This is an updated R/C model of the original FOX off-road buggy originally released in 1985. The 2013 edition is named Novafox. The R/C model retains the dust and dirt resistance features of the original while employing dog-bone type rear drive-shafts to provide the vehicle enhanced reliability.
This is an update of a popular 2WD buggy model which was a stablemate of the famous Hotshot in the late 1980s. The elegant, slim polycarbonate body brings to mind the image of a full-size racing buggy, and its markings take inspiration from the original model. Jazzy gold color metal-plated wheels are fitted with front ribbed and rear oval block tires for excellent off-road performance. The model includes a driver figure to install in the cockpit.
This classic model retains its highly dust-resistant monocoque frame and 4-wheel independent double suspension, while also receiving updates to make it suited to the modern R/C world. Dog-bone type drive shafts are added, as is a stabilizer to help neutralize roll. Sealed gearbox and rear uprights now include a total of 8 ball bearings as standard, providing even more effective power transmission.
- Length: 425mm
- Height: 133mm
- Width: 225mm
- Weight: 1,140g (Not including R/C equipment and battery pack)
- Wheelbase: 260mm
- Tread: 198mm (Front), 183mm (Rear)
- Tire Width/Diameter: 23/83mm (Front), 38/88mm (Rear)
- ABS Resin Monocoque Frame
- Rear-Wheel 2WD
- 3-Bevel Differentials
- 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension
- CVA Oil Dampers x3 (Front & Rear Total)
- Gear Ratio= 8.7:1, 7.25:1
- Type 540 Motor
- Electronic Speed Controller
※Cannot be used with Tamiya LF3700-6.6V Racing Pack (sold separately)
- 2-Channel R/C Unit with ESC
- Battery Pack & Charger
- R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter